About the Authors
Steve and Mary Prokopchak have been married for more than 40 years. Mary is a registered nurse and works with Steve in premarital counseling. Steve has a Master of Human Services degree and is a member of the Apostolic Council of DOVE Christian Fellowship International. The Prokopchaks have three adult children.
Steve Prokopchak regularly shares additional wisdom about faith, marriage, life, finances, kids and so much more via his personal blog. Get a peek at the six most recent entries here, or CLICK HERE to visit the full blog.
- Are you an Indian People’s Party, a Labour Party, Libertarian Party, National Party, Christian Party, Democrat or a Republican? Did you know there was a political party registered in New ... Continue »
- We hear a lot about green spaces and how we all need time to view the open land, touch the trees and enjoy the air quality they create for us. ... Continue »
- Being trapped in drug addiction Is a horrible way to live: the lying; the hiding; the destruction to self, your marriage, your children and your future. Several years ago, I lost ... Continue »
- I was perusing an older (2013) Forbes magazine article and came across something intriguing. It was a brief article about the so called “American Dream” and how some billionaires faced ... Continue »
- While the world is doing their best to act in good faith and maintain a six-foot social distance, it caused me to wonder about marriages that have been “social distancing” ... Continue »
- Financial debt can feel so impossible, so overwhelming at times. Over 80% of Americans are in debt and the personal average debt figure (excluding mortgages) is $38,000.00. Experian’s 2019 figure ... Continue »
Who I Am In Christ
Provoke biblical change from the inside out. Dozens of scriptures describe who you are in Christ with space provided to make a personal commitment. A handy tool that tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Praying for My Spouse
Dozens of scriptures to help you pray for your wife or husband. Pray them daily and see God work in his or her life! This handy tool tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Praying for My Children
Dozens of scriptures to help you pray for your children. Pray them daily and see God work in his or her life! This handy tool tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Thinking Right in a World that Thinks Wrong
Did you ever stop to analyze the process of change; the when, the why, the how? Change is lifelong. There does not seem to be a beginning point or ending. Change is an ongoing process.If you desire to cling to your past, this booklet is not for you. If you want to change and move on in your Christian walk, then carefully work through this booklet as it analyzes and gives applicable scriptures with helpful illustrations about this process of change.
Be Angry And Sin Not
Do you make excuses for your anger? Have you ever made excuses for the anger of another? Or, perhaps you’ve been affected by an angry person in your life. If so, you’ll identify with Rob’s story in Be Angry and Sin Not. Rob and his family experienced anger first-hand and its devastating effects. If you struggle with anger, this booklet will give you Biblical insight into how to make changes or help someone else.
Recognizing Emotional Dependency
Do you have a difficult time relating to those who spiritually, emotionally and physically drain you? Do you personally find yourself attracted to relationships which you believe will satisfy your emotional needs? This booklet identifies and deals with emotionally dependent relationships. It defines and identifies emotional dependency, giving examples from people’s lives. Solutions and assignments help to further reveal how a person may be free of dependent relationships.
As Christian leaders, we are called upon to counsel. For too long, we have been reminded of our limitations. But what about the potential? II Corinthians 3:5,6 tells us, “Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers…” Be an effective people helper.
In Pursuit of Obedience
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by the tremendous self-discipline it takes to do what is outlined in scripture? Does God set limits for us because He desires to control us or because He loves us? God’s love for us must be the foundation upon which we build our emotional, physical and spiritual health. Yet, how do we obey God when the limit is uncomfortable for us? Learn how God sets “love boundaries” for our lives.
Battle Cry for Your Marriage
With raw honesty four couples tackle issues of spiritual, emotional and sexual intimacy along with many other marital stresses. The authors reveal marriage lessons learned through years of experience and from counseling others. Join the battle cry for healthy marriages in this generation.
The Value of a Sabbatical
Are you feeling exhausted in your workplace? Overextended? Unmotivated? A sabbatical may be the solution. Within the pages of this book, you will learn the ins and outs of a sabbatical—a period of rest, renewal and re-firing.
The Biblical Role of Elders in Today’s Church
Discover how every member of the body of Christ is affected and empowered for ministry when elders give healthy oversight to the church. This biblical model communicates the family character of the church as teams of servant-leaders equip, protect and love the local church.